So after the "party" I spent Monday in Columbus getting the bad news--although no big surprise here since I seem to be growing more and more out of breath. The news was that the cancer has spread and the Tarceva is not working to control the cancer. So it has been stopped. I will now go on a clinical trial and I was given 3 to choose from. I always thought the doctor told you what to do!
Anyhow, after examining all three and talking to various medical people, I choose one. I am now waiting to hear what happens next---back to Columbus soon, I am sure. Nobody likes to hear that their time might be up soon, but I am preparing in lots of ways for that happening. My spiritual life and feelings have been growing and God has been good to me in so many ways. I hear every day that people are praying for me--and I hope they pray for others too--although I would be very uncomfortable praying for myself. Thus, I find myself praying that the peoples and religions of this earth can begin to be true to their teachings and love and get along with each other.
Enough preaching! As I said, big doings. Lili and Colin are getting married on Saturday and it should be a great event as well as a great marriage! Colin's brother, Gavin, Michael and Annie, and other relatives are coming. I am glad.
My weight is good, even up a bit and except for being short of breath and somewhat dizzy, I am having a good time. This weekend will be even better!
P.S. I have spent over half an hour trying to bring up some pics and it just ain't working so I am going to send this blog w/o pics since I am getting a head-ache from trying. Over and out!
1 comment:
We love you, Wil! And can't wait to celebrate Lili's big day with you on Saturday. Thanks for always being open and loving and inspiring. You give and give and give to all who know you.
Post a Comment