So, I have returned from my travels with no others planned at the moment. And what do I find, a backyard full of Vultures (Turkey Buzzards). They are coming down from the hills above Athens to find me! As one can see, they are roosting on our roof and were also on the neighborhood houses--damn vultures all over the place! But....I ain't done yet. I have lots to do.
I now have a UW Oshkosh shirt picked up on my trip. It's so patriotic, I thought in front of our flag would be good! When I got out of the army I spent 2 1/2 years there getting my undergrad degree. I had a great time and often have wondered why I left there so soon--it was fun. I love Athens, but do miss Wisc--it was so clean and crisp. Also full of beer and brats.
I am not sure whether it is being home for a while; the Tarceva medicine; my working to get more exercise (still only a pitiful amount); or maybe because I have decided that I WILL feel better, but I do feel better! Last week I was feeling kinda down and I had an appointment with my local doctor friend Mark. He pointed out that I am doing pretty good for 2 years with this thing since originally the prediction was 6 months. Still getting tired, but my daily nap seems to help a lot. with that.
Anne's sister and her family were here this weekend with the grandchildren too. Fun. Lots of stuff to look forward to. Many things happening in Athens and the area (like Stuarts Opera house). I do hope to make another car trip this fall somewhere to the north. And finally eliminating "stuff" is my continuing mission. The medallion picture is is me on my way to Lili's to give her some more valuable items that she cannot live without!
I have a birthday this week and all I ever want is something I can go to or eat--no more stuff for me!
3 comments:
I remember once I was driving around up in "the hills" behind Fort Street and there were hundreds of Turkey Vultures in the trees. I had never heard that Athens was a roosting place or pass over for them....Is this the case? Is it well known? Or, just a coincidence?
Happy Birthday Wil! Glad to hear that you are feeling better this week!
~Megan
Yay! Join my Anti-Durable Goods Club. They used to say some percentage of your credit card bill was supposed to be durable goods. I always felt accomplished when 100% was food, drink and experiences. Of course this whole baby thing is really putting a crimp in my anti-stuff lifestyle...
Post a Comment