Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me.........






...."well it's my party and I'll cry if I want too, you'd cry too........." Wait. That's not the right song at all. I have felt quite ill since last Tuesday--y'know, unable to keep food down, nothing looked or tasted good! But this morning, I guess cause it is my Bday I felt much better.

So we all trooped up to the place we call the CASA for brunch. A good time was had by all. I even wore a t-shirt that I don't remember ever wearing because it was too small. However, since I have lost so much weight, it now fits! The "little Joshua" made it way back when! I don't think one can read the shirt photo but it says "8/15/82, love Josh." A wonderful time was had by all.

I have included pics showing all the Bday participants in front of the CASA. Also some "chickens" that weren't invited to anything. Wow. We decided to have Roxie clear these not-so-pretty, but big birds out of the neighbors garbage!
.
So, to summarize my big 67. Two years ago they as much as told me I wouldn't make two years. I am sure glad I left that oncologist. I may even be sad I just left instead of "firing" him, but that is just not my style. I think I am feeling better as the day goes on and we are going to try to make it to another "gathering". Tomorrow Anne goes back to teaching and I need to organize my days. It sure is easy for us "retired" to "fritter" away our days. Maybe that's why we oldsters think about and complain about the government so much. I just don't have the time for that and I need to keep doing positive things.

I have received many well wishes (literally) from lots of old friends, new friends, and others. I really appreciate your contacts!

Love to all, wil

3 comments:

Lanny said...

Happy birthday Wil.bismsy Sounds like there is still plenty of fight in the old dog!

Lanny said...

(Don't know how that bismy got in there!)

Michael said...

Looks like fun, hope you had a good b-day! Can't wait to see everybody next month.