



Ok, Ok, several people have asked me where the blogs went....well, they just didn't go for several reasons: 1) I sent the last one (or thot I sent) before the Bob and John cruise. But upon my return to Atown discovered I blew it--so sent it late.
2) I have not felt well the past few days--more on that here.
3) Too much traveling has gotten to me and I can't seem to keep up with anything. I do plan on staying at home for at least a few weeks now.
As mentioned in last blog Bob ("not from Alabama" and not wanting his pic taken) and John and I were off for a fast trip to Wisconsin and Michigan. It was too short 5 days, 4 nites and wish we could have seen more sights and people, but when you don't feel well and have 2 volunteer drivers it is time to go! I think we did well: a Fireman's Picnic; the Plymouth Wi large cow (who wouldn't like Plymoutt?);
quick visits with a few old friends; showing the boys the lakes; my undergrad campus at Oshkosh; Kohler toilets, etc; a few(!) beers in Sheboygan and elsewhere; and the Steamship Cruise across Lake Michigan on the "Badger". Now, how many people have 2 "cruises" in one summer?
If we missed anyone in Wisconsin or Michigan, I apologize. I hope there will be other times.
Now a little bit about my health. I guess there are two things wrong here: one, I just don't feel very good and I continue to lose weight, it was great to ride along in the back seat on the trip; and two, I have really grown short of breath! I can barely take a 4 block walk with Roxie behind our house where I used to go way up on the hill with her. It is pretty scary! I am trying to force myself to get out and about. To walk more and exercise more--even though I really don't want to.
I do know it is not good to end anything on a negative note. So, let me say that I am happy to be alive after having passed my 2 years point with cancer and I really had a good time traveling. Now I look forward to "good times in Athens"! Please join me when you can if only via this blog or email.
goodwil
2 comments:
Have been getting regular updates on your travels here and elsewhere - and your pictures are so fun! Lotsa good stuff in Athens, and we're looking forward to a week there with you in September!
xoxo,
annie2
I heard that you were in town for a short time! Kathy said she had a good time just hanging out with the guys! Your pics are great -- keep them coming, and as always, keep your chin up so you can see that sun shining. We love you!
Sharon C.
Post a Comment