Statcounter


View My Stats

Monday, July 19, 2010

Blogology....






....is really hard work. I have so damn much I want to comment on and then the neighbors con me into watching "Chelsea Lately" on the doggone TV.

Yes, we are back from Alaska and it was a blast. But to make it worse, our kitchen is being redone so we have to sort and rid of lots of things--got rid of some tonight. At least until my daughter looks into the back of her car! But more on redoing ones kitchen later I will be an expert.

From Seattle we went to Ketchikan , then Juneau, Skagway, and some glaciers. Pics show how the Captain cruised up to a glacier at the end of this fiord and even turned around in a pretty small place. No mean feat for Captain Lars who would often forget where we were on his announcements. But I guess they need to keep a Norwegian on staff since everyone else on staff except the entertainers seemed to be from The Philippines.

I have decided that cruisin is good fun, but only every 5 years or so. The food was good and since I have been losing weight--due to the cancer I guess--I ate lots of food every chance I had. Can't tell if I lost another pound or two or held it steady. I did think I could use the internet on the Norwegian Star, but it wasn't to be. Yet my phone worked in many places.

I have included here some glacier shots from the pontoon plane we took to this neat little lodge. We have hundreds of pictures and I used to be so against that all the time. But I guess I have "seen the light"(or maybe the flash). Someday someone will dig them out and say "remember the time".

Tomorrow it is back to Columbus for CT scan, then doctor on Friday. I feel ok, but do seem to be shorter of breath--everybody was so nice to wait for me on the hills of Seattle. I had hoped to take off on another car trip, but now cause of the doctor I have to wait a bit--probably good for me in a way but I think all this traveling does make life fun and one does forget about serious illness.

People are telling me they have seen pics of our travels on Facebook. Now I would not have done that since I still don't understand Facebook. In fact, I can't understand why anybody would go to Facebook instead of seeing my Blog! Well, let's all continue to have fun in our own way. goodwil

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Will and Anne! Looks like a fabulous trip(s). Hope to see you around soon!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me - you can't get the hang of Facebook and I'm semi-clueless about blogs!

MWales said...

3rd time's a charm? Anonymous is ... (drumroll) Melissa Wales! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Wil:
I've been thinking of you and have been enjoying reading about your adventures!
Maureen

micahd said...

Glad to see that you've been on some wonderful journeys.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for all the junk, Dad. Yeesh. At least I can vouch for you still being sneaky & ornery.

~Lil