Statcounter


View My Stats

Friday, July 9, 2010

This travel thing is really hard work...





Last week it was NYC and now...

....I am looking out the hotel window at very large ships going by and tomorrow morn we will get on one of them and head to Southeast Alaska for a cruise--it is really difficult work. You know figuring out what to take and where to stay! Seattle is such an interesting town, I wish we had more time to try to contact people in this area. Our cruise leaves tomorrow and returns next Saturday. Then back to Athens and hopefully another big time cruise--I want to take the Badger to Wisconsin. But more on that another time.

We are here with John and Mary a couple of equally goofy people from home and going to meet Max, Shelia, Cindy, Ron and who knows who else for a great time I just know. I am feeling well, short of breath and seem to itch a lot from the Tarceva, but still able to walk about and trying to use all my lungs to breathe well--thanks Linda. I do seem to get tired quicker and am a bit dizzy, but I think I always was dizzy.

We have one short day here so we are looking at all our options to figure out what to do. I feel I must repeat my "mantra" which is, "if all in the medical profession tell you that you have a very limited time left, why wouldn't you do all you could to have fun?" I am working from this perspective yet not giving up on something happening to prolong my time here or maybe even a miracle cure(!)

Well that's my report to myself and anybody silly enough to read this. I wonder if I can blog from Norwegian Cruise ships? Bless all

2 comments:

Kristin Campbell-Miller said...

Consider me silly. I love reading your blog.

Brian & I started another one as well. Of all things, a food blog. :-)
www.miller-thyme.blogspot.com

Amy R. said...

I'm silly too! And glad to have your company in the "being dizzy" thing. I'm going on day 7 of mild dizziness, and I can't decide if it's the pregnancy or if I still haven't shaken off the ferries and flights that got us back from our fabulous Greece vacation!

Hope Alaska is awesome for you!