Statcounter


View My Stats

Friday, May 21, 2010

....kinda dreary around here.





On my last blog it was a beautiful sunny day and even though I know I am sick, I felt pretty good about things. But I am not feeling as good these days--it is actually quite a dreay day outside. The good news is that the oncologist has cut out my chemo called Alimta since it was making me quite sick. The bad news is that he also stopped it out because the CT scan I had Monday showed a progression of the cancer in my lung, perhaps moving into the liver. Certainly not good news, but the progression is slow and I am still around although with a pain in my side and shortness of breath.

So, I have now started taking a daily pill called Tarceva which--just like all the health commercials on TV--has a myriad of possible side effects. I don't think depression is one of the side effects since the cancer is enough to move one in that direction anyhow! (No, I don't think I am depressed--maybe later) I am working with one my many helpful friends, Linda, who is a yoga instructor, in order to increase my lung capacity and it really seems to help (pic in her garden above). I am so lucky to have a large network of friends who support me in so many ways--more on that later.

Anyhow, these are good times in lots of ways. Lili had her 27 Bday yesterday and I thot I would include a pic taken in Wisconsin (at Road America racetrack) when she was about one. The other pic is a boy (well, long ago boy) and his dog in one their favorite places--the front porch.
I hope to travel some in the next few weeks although I don't feel comfortable driving long distances alone so I am trying to coordinate something with Josh, Lil, or Anne in two weeks when she is out of school.

I guess this could all fall into the "sad blog" category, but that is not the goal here. The goal is to report what is going on with my health and to continue to fight this "incurable disease" in every way that I can while still having fun and maybe even helping others a little bit. Perhaps some miracle will still come for me.

Take care and do good.

1 comment:

Debbie Clary said...

Wil - I have a heavy heart reading your latest blog post and I am struggling for words. Please know that you are so special, and so loved, by so many people. See you and Anne on Sunday - it will be a nice reunion of sorts, reminiscent of the good times we used to enjoy with the gang on Friday nights at the Red Brick!
--Debbie