Statcounter


View My Stats

Saturday, May 15, 2010

boy, spring is really here!





Spring is great, all the new things popping up on lawns and gardens, warm weather, too much to do and go to! I would like to say my pic was in "our" garden, but it was actually at Whites Mill where we were buying plants! Evelyn has been so cute lately, I though some pics of her and Lili would be great to have here.
But. new beginnings of spring are not the things on my mind lately! I have been thinking a lot about the past and places/people. I am so jealous of my friends who have friends from "other lives". Oh yeah, I am grateful to be in touch with my high school chums, but I spent 3 years in the army and am only in touch with one person! Likewise, I spent several years getting a degree at Oshkosh and can't hardly remember anybody!

After going to grad school at Ohio U, I am really not in touch with any of former classmates. Likewise, I am not in touch with any former students who don't live in Athens from my 9 years of part-time teaching at OU! I have friends going to Florida to meet for mini reunions or getting together each year on the outer banks, etc. Where did I go wrong?

Or did I just choose (or fall into) a different route. I have lots of friends in Athens and usually there is way to much to do around here with them. I guess getting old can also make one melancholy as well. Buck up wil and get over it! Today has an international street fair, a Rotary Convention, and a music festival with Loretta Lynn all in Athens or nearby Nelsonville. I do get tired a lot, but otherwise feel pretty good so I guess I will try to make it to them all!

It's a good life.

4 comments:

Debbie Clary said...

Good seeing you and Anne at the music festival last night, Wil!

Amy Scamy said...

Wil, We're back to that pathway philosophy again and it's exactly right that you have taken a different one. You are a VERY good friend to the here and now people in your life and you make lots of effort to keep those friendships going. How many friends do you need anyway? (That's s'posed to be funny) But on the other hand if you were on facebook you just might be surprised who would want to "friend" you from your past. That is one of the really remarkable things about it. It might be the reason you need to take the facebook plunge. Amy

Lanny said...

You've got me from a former life!

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Amy! FACEBOOK POP! I'm setting up a page!

Lil