
.....that you know is meaner than you! In this case, cancer!
(the saying was sent with others from an old--and we all are now--high school classmate)
I have been trying and trying to get answers and find some sort of cure for my ailments. But, I think it is time to fall back a bit, not pursue so heatedly, just try to "roll along for a bit" and not be so damn worried all the time.
And so, I can talk about ailments without feeling angst! In honor of all my friends who qualify, I am putting in the Bday card one of my nieces gave me.
I have had a rough week, somehow my brain kept dwelling on the predicted rapid end of my life. Pretty dumb, but I guess not unusual. The neuropathy in my feet seems to be getting worse, I have a constant stuffy nose, sometimes I cough on a breath, and my right side (lung?) feels funny lots of the time. But...I feel generally good, get some exercise, take "power" walks with Roxie, meet with friends a lot, do other social activities, and even travel a whole bunch! Most people have a far worse life than I do! Life is Good! The glass is half full and can get fuller!
On Monday I am in Columbus again for Avastin which turns out to be something called a "biologic" not really a chemo. Interesting, Expensive, and I hope it is doing its thing!
One definition of mental illness is: "continuing to do the same thing in the same way and expecting a different result!" I hope to continue to keep my thinking clear and move always in ways that don't keep me down and expecting the same result!
All we really need is someone to tell us that things are going to be OK!
3 comments:
Hey, Wil? Things are going to be OKAY.
I'm not much of an advice giver, but my advice is: Still push those medical professionals to give you the info you want and need. Somebody needs to keep those bastards in line. BUT don't agonize over every little twinge. We're all getting older; our bodies can't help but show the wear, which, as you know, beats the alternative.
Okay. This is too deep for an NFL Sunday!
Can't wait for the BIG PARTY at Eclipse...
Dear Wil:
Life may be short, but there are those around you who feel very grateful to have you in it.
Keep on truckin' --
Post a Comment