Statcounter


View My Stats

Monday, October 26, 2009

....talk about Exotic Trips!






In the past three days I have been to Cleveland and then Columbus!!! I don't know how I will top that!

Actually Josh and I did have a great time in Cleveland! We went up Saturday evening and went downtown in the morning. After parking in way out in the $5 spaces, we walked until the first Irish bar and had a beer and some lunch. I do like downtown Cleveland.

I have not been to a pro football game in over 40 years, so maybe my views are in error, but everywhere we looked there was a sea of green and yellow Packer fans! I can't believe how many came on the long trip with their heavy upper midwest accents. Delightful!!

The game was a good one for Packer fans--in fact they won so easily that I wished for Browns fans that their team had a better showing. After the 3rd quarter, Browns fans were streaming out leaving only a few die hard fans and lots and lots of Packer People! (Some similarity in pics, I wonder if anyone will notice that once I put a pic on this blog, I can't get it off?)

Then on to Columbus on I71. This stretch of highway has to be one of the busiest in the country! What a pain. Up today at 6, blood draw at 7:15, coffee, then first doctor at 8--the only way to see this guy without waiting forever! Chemo at 9:30, fun doctor late in the morning--he is busy too, but somehow I don't mind the wait as much.

So, what about the CTscan? "Your scan looks the same as last time" says the doc very understatedly! And the rest of the visit was uneventful. Well, dammit, I guess I need to make my own excitement! I am not showing any Cancer--again. A great thing, I do believe.

And, do you know what? I think I felt my attitude shift today. I not only can keep this thing down, I will keep it away! I not only have some time to go, but I need to look into doing some good things with that time. As my dad always said, "time sure flies when you are having fun".
I need to do more good things as time flies by.......

5 comments:

Debbie Clary said...

WONDERFUL!!!!
--Debbie

Sharyn said...

Wil, you are an inspiration.

Sharyn

Anonymous said...

You go. And Go Packers!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, Wil!
I get exhausted just reading about all your travels! You ARE an inspiration!
-Tara

Judy McGinn said...

Hi Wil, just thought I'ld see how you are. Ornery, I see. Nice seeing Josh's face on here. WHAT were you doing on that ski thing in the water???? Death wish???? My Gods, but you have guts. Do you best my friend. Judy