Really. Although I am not going to break into song!
Tomorrow morning I am heading off to Key West with some friends. I know, I know. I am always either gone somewhere or going somewhere. But, remember I have some people (even well-known doctors) who say that I have a limited time to live!
So, what does one do? Spend more time at the office? Look for a new job? Naw! I plan on going as often as I can and having as much fun as I can! ....and why not?
Of course, I still firmly plan on surprising those "experts" and "carrying on" for a long time. The past few weeks have indeed been somewhat difficult in that I have had a sinus cold and, of course, pains in my side. Due to the dire forecasts, whenever I get a cold, sniffles, more pain in just about anyplace, etc. I frequently go off mentally thinking "the end is near". Now I have several friends and some acquaintances who frequently tell me that I should not think any negative thoughts! Boy, I'm trying, but I wish it was that easy! ...but anyhow starting tomorrow morning, I'm carrying on with my "fun and life" program.
And speaking of travel, last weekend we drove over to Oakland, Maryland, for the annual "Autumn Glory" festival. Now Oakland is a small town about 15 South of the WISP ski resort and this is definitely a "big thing". The parade was almost one and a half hours! Oakland has a beautiful 1884 RR station and is a quaint little mountain town. Our brother-in-law, Bobcat Bob was one of the grand poobahs this year. A good time was had by all. Mist all the fun, we had some alcohol that Bob had brought back from Hungary. I think one can see how well I handled it!!!!
Well, it's time to pack for Key West!
2 comments:
Have a great time in Key West, Wil!!
Your liveliness is contagious...thinking of you Wil. Stacy from the Village Bakery
Post a Comment