......so many people have suggested that I include pictures, that I decided to always do so. But....
I ain't got no pictures this time, sorry. I guess I can fall back on something I said many months ago. Namely, this blog is for me and even though I have no pics at this time, I need to vent!
Sometimes I feel like I am a "physical wreck." I have a plugged sinus that wakes me up at night, bad shoulder and neck pain if I lay or move wrong, the usual pain in my right side from my little operation on my lung sack a year ago, and the lack of feeling and/or pain in both feet caused by nerve problems there!
But, I am alive! In fact, I am a survivor!!! A year ago I was in "panic mode" wondering when the end would come--maybe how soon. I really could not think straight--or see straight (had an eye operation since that one). It is amazing how quickly one can drop to the depths after a cancer diagnosis.
But over a year later, while I have the above health complaints (remember, that is one of the things old people do), I am really in great shape and spirits. And looking for ways to make me even better mentally and physically!! So, what is my current condition (very well, thank you)
resulting from? 1) modern medicine (chemo), 2) integrative medicine (largely Omega 3 and no wheat), 3) lots of help from friends (and people I don't even know) in spiritual and psychic ways), or maybe my own goshdarn ornery attitude in not wanting to "check out yet"(this blog has helped a lot with that)!
I guess it is all 4 of the above and maybe something that I haven't thought of! At any rate, as a good friend told me, even though the docs say the cancer will return, I need to know that, "I am a survivor" and I will prevail in this battle--no deposit, no returns!
Off to Columbus tonight to see the oncologist early in the morning. Thanks for listening.
chandler@athens-realty.com--I forgot to add that last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is a Wild Ride!- this cancer thing- I'm so glad you wrote about it. You looked GREAT the other night at Casa...Keep on Truck'in Good Guy!!
Post a Comment