Saturday night my daughter, Lili, and I were the MCs for the annual Planned Parenthood Champagne and Chocolate fundraiser. It was at the restored Eclipse Village coal town(which I used to be a part of). Lili did so well and I was quite proud of her. Maybe pics next time.
Well, yesterday was another "chemo day" in Columbus. Although the doctor first told me that avastantin (spelled wrong by me of course) isn't really chemo--then he told me that it is chemo.
We will continue on this "product" until we notice a "regression". The implication was that we would then go back to the real poison chemo. That may be 18 months (altho I guess there is no room to notice a "progression" which I am hoping for!). At $34,000 (that's what the bill said!!) for a pint bag of this stuff, one cannot continue indefinitely!
But enough of that dreary doctor talk. Since I saw the CDs I mentioned in the last blog, I decided to try to eat a diet designed to conquer cancer. Little or no meat, lots of juices and vegies. In order to prepare some juice, I called in a juice expert and as you can see by the pics above, Evelyn was teaching me the procedure. I want everybody to know that you sure as heck don't get much juice out of lots and lots of vegies and some fruit!
Yesterday in Columbus I also went to the OSU Center for Integrative Medicine and talked with them. My oncologist gave me their number but said that he really didn't believe in what they are doing! They are all about diet as well, but not vegetarians! The important thing to them seems to be to get the right amount of Omega 3s and cut back on omega 6 and 9. That and lots of other confusing ideas to both Anne and I. We are going back to get more information next week.
.....as I said, it is clearly enough to "make my head spin"!!!
I am definitely going to keep researching and looking for how to beat this thing. I can do it!
In the meantime, I am going skiing with my son tomorrow and then Thursday my daughter and I are off for an adventure in Florida. We will fly to Ft Lauderdale with no other plans than renting a car and heading south! Except for flying there it seems just like the days of my youth.
Back on Monday night!
1 comment:
Wil~ I just read this article that explains about omega 3 v. omega 6. You might find it interesting:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29104695/from/ET/
Have fun in FLA - please scrunch your toes in the sand for me...
mb
Post a Comment