
......but a harsh master." Just thought I would throw in another of my Dad's sayings and I can't figure out when it will actually fit in the Blog!
"These are the best of times, these are the worst of times." I have been doing lots of interesting things and having lots of enjoyment while doing them. Tonight I am looking forward to an Eritrean Dinner put on as a benefit by an OU student. It should be interesting to see if I can conjure up food and other memories of the 22 months I spent there in the Army l964-66. I think my future "bucket list" should include a trip back there.
One of the worst of times is the flood we had in our kitchen after the pipe in the ceiling froze and broke. We think it may have ruined our maple floor!
Another problem came up during the ice storm when the pretty juniper trees in our front yard fell over due to large amounts of ice. Strong man Wil put them back up and propped them there with a ladder. Hurt my shoulder doing it too---old age can be hard work! See pic of happy boy in bathrobe before his shoulder started hurting!
But the big problem crops up ever day or two and it is "in the head." I do feel good--except for an occasional cough with deep breaths, but I do so wonder what is going on inside. It is really frustrating to see the Doc, get some chemo at ridiculous prices (more on that some other time) and then leave for 3 or 4 weeks. Dammit, I don't want or expect an immediate cure (I am told it is not cureable!) but I would like more information about my disease and more ideas about how to fight it! What is going on with adnocarcinoma research? Has anybody lived for a while with this?
I am asking and checking constantly and as I said, I do feel good like I can can beat it! But this "in the head" thing always lurks in the background! ...oh well, off to the Eritrean Dinner and some American wine.
1 comment:
We had South African wine too, not just American.
Hmmm... I guess this one was a little darker than usual (as promised), but next time you're in a mood, just let me ghost write it for you. I can be MUCH darker and depressing! It's a little-known talent of mine.
Post a Comment