Statcounter


View My Stats

Sunday, November 2, 2008

X rated blog

Can you say sphincter muscle? I am in some pain, but doing much better today. About Thursday evening I noticed that I was a bit constipated. Friday was not so good and Friday night was terrible (don't worry, no real X rated details will be given here). On Saturday morning early I quit dreaming--it was a nightmare anyhow--and got some medical advice.

So, Saturday was better, but not a good day. Sunday is much better, but let's just say that something in my recent past makes walking and sitting quite difficult. All this stuff has made me forget about the chemo effects although the recent condition was probably caused by the chemo. I think tomorrow will be a much better day and except for some joint pain, the chemo effects will be "pretty much gone".

This was Halloween weekend in Athens and the weather was beautiful. There were lots of young people in many costumes going by our house on the 4 block walk to the "uptown" party area. I am told that the uptown party was as crowded and weird as it always is. I guess this year had lots of Sarah Palins and "Jokers". I wish I could have been out partying! Two different friends brought by some hair--upper lip and head--for my costume. I would have made a great Wil Chandler! They were so sweet to help out and I feel so bad I couldn't participate in any way this weekend! Maybe I will pretend to be him another time as I go through life.

Today being sunny and 70 was a great day to spend a bunch of time on the front lawn playing with Evelyn and talking with relatives and neighbors. Certainly helped my healing process. I even made it to my two Sunday religious experiences today--more on them in another blog.


Speaking of nice people, it is so good of so many of you to comment on this blog and keep in touch with me. In case you don't want to comment here, you can always email at chandler@athens-realty.com

I feel back to the land of the living, love to all.

wil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wil, If you are unwilling to post X-rated content on this blog then I may stop reading.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Some days are just hell, and that's the way it is. The side effects of the chemo are sometimes not what you expect, so eat your prunes! Nothing to be done, but do what you are doing - get through it and feel good about the small things, which are now big things: Halloween, leaves, granddaughter, friends. Today I was turned loose by my oncologist. I am euphoric, and grateful. Passing this hope along to you. Judy

Anonymous said...

Dear Wil,

When I was pregnant, senna leaf tea helped with the problems you described. I imagine the Farmacy might still carry senna leaves.

Speaking of pregnancy, the way you wrote reminds me of how I used to talk about the downsides of pregnancy---polite, but full of hints about things most people would prefer not to know.

But, dang nabbit. This is your blog, so if you want to be x-rated, feel free to do so, euphemistically or not.

Sincerely,
Wenda
P.S. My word verification was scarne...is that someone with some scars worn as badges of honor?