I heard that we had an election. Did Goldwater win? That reminds me: When I was in the Army in Eritera and my first vote was coming up I wrote my dad to ask what to do.
He send a letter back (no email then) saying to vote for LBJ because Goldwater was going to "expand the war in Viet Nam"! Oh well. It just occured to me that maybe my dad had the same goofy sense of humor that I have........
On to the boring health report. I have recovered from the rough time last week and am really feeling pretty good. It doesn't hurt that we have had several 70 degree, sunny Indian summer days this week. Next week should be even better for me.
The ongoing experience that I am having as a "retired" sort seems to be my lack of an ability to organize and focus in order to get things done and stay on track. Of course it doesn't help much that in this automated age one can spend a hell of a lot of time either on the phone or trying to negotiate some "helpful" website!
Yesterday, I dealt with the VA and Verizon. All day the VA recording said they were too busy and hung up! Late in the day after several directions and button pushing I did get through and the person was very helpful. Now Verizon was different. At this time we don't have a home phone and are considering dropping it. But in order to figure it out, I had some questions. When finally I got through, the "snippy" woman did answer them and told me that my wife would have to call since the phone is in her name! Never did get through to the Columbus Dispatch paper!
So as anyone can see, I am having a "bloggers block" which is exacerbated (isn't that a great word?) by my inability to get anything done. I will be "a bloggin" again soon when I have something to say!! In the meantime, I am off to get organized!?!
...back soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was so great to see you and Ann at Shafer's election night! What a wonderful night! You look fabulous Wil... I know it's hard to believe, but you maintain that same monolithic presence when entering a room! Electric! You're too darned big and bright to have anything keep you down. We're all so proud of you.
Post a Comment