I am very happy to be home from the James Hosp in Columbus. Let me explain.....Last Tuesday (8th) I felt terrible and on the advice of my oncologist I went to the local
ER room at Obleness Hosp. People always complain about the local Hosp and it did take a long time--but I bet any ER is also slow.
Anyhow at 12 midnite I was on a fast ride to the James arriving there after 1 pm. I past out for the night and my first and only good hosp sleep.
I was to spend the next 8 days in this room being awakened and prodded every few hours for no good sleep! ....and no food for 5 days until some signs of "poop" showed up. Then it was soup and jello--delicious! Anne was there a lot, but Lili was very often there and very often helpful--gave me a bath and came up 3 days straight until she could finally take me home!
Home is great although I now have an Oxygen thing to help me breathe. Enclosed pics of Lauren and I walking in the driveway and Lili and I sleeping on the floor. Even though I don't feel too good, I am getting better with lots of visitors including Lauren, Annes niece, and her friend Mike from Maine! I am quickly out of breath but slowly getting better and I hope to keep "recovering". That's it for now, wish me luck!
4 comments:
I love the picture of all of you looking so cozy! Glad to hear you're back, I was awaiting your blog entry, so thanks for keeping us updated. Hope you were able to sit outside for some warm fresh air on Friday, there will be many of those nice days coming soon!
~Megan Macartney
Thanks for another post, Wil. Hope you continue to feel much better. We're thinking of you.
The Wagner's have been thinking about you and thinking about you--- I'm glad you are home!
Maureen and Chris
Hey Wil,
So glad you're home again. I loved the picture of you and Lil...she's such an amazing daughter. Wishing you well in the coming days. Been thinking of you often. Love, Carol Kirk
Post a Comment