Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Images not available.......
....at least ones of the 3 am incident!
But first, a report on the Father/Daughter trip to Kelley's Island. It is interesting to note that here in Appalachian Ohio we usually don't even think of Ohio as a Great Lakes state, but it is!
So last Thursday Lili and I drove up to Marblehead Ohio and took the 9 pm ferry to Kelleys along with a million or so May flies (they call them Canadian Volunteers up there). They are big and everywhere but we didn't have trouble with them the other nites we were there. We had a great time tooling about on bikes and golf cars on this little island. I think the most fun was taking a Sunset Cruise around the island where Lili worked the 4 couples we were with quite nicely! (see pics). We returned on Sunday and surprisingly, never got into any real fights.
Now about the "incident". On Monday night I was having trouble sleeping so took a sleeping pill.
Our bedroom is large and has its own bathroom so why I would have been wandering about the hallway I will never know! All I remember is wondering why there was a step there and the next thing I was rolling down the stairs with a stile(? anyhow stairway piece) that broke when I grabbed for something to hang onto.
Anne heard the commotion and came running. As I lay in a crumpled mess at the bottom of the steps, her words were something like, "Why are you down there?" It was 3 am and I was hurtin.
She helped me wipe the blood off my nose and get me into the bed we have in the guest room downstairs. Yesterday morn I could not walk. Today I feel much better but am still walking only with a cane (made from a branch I found in the woods at Crystal Lake Wisconsin about 1960).
My shoulder hurts, my ego hurts, my leg hurts, but at least the lump on my head doesn't! Well, gotta go and get ready. We are flying--cane and all--to NYC in morning to visit Anne's son Michael and Annie too(2). I do believe we will be taking cabs a lot instead of the usual subway with all its steps!
another report upon return next week, wil (PS didya notice how much I talk like Sarah Palin?
I guess we just go a lotta stuff in common! You betcha.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Wil,
I just got caught up on your blog. I'm hopin you feel better from your fall. It sounds like you are really getting around! Love the pix and love to read your thoughts. Amy
Wonder from whom I received the ability to "work" a crowd? Glad you're feeling better...
XOXO
Lil
Hi Wil! Haven't been on your blog in awhile! Loving the pictures. As a Toledo native I will never forget that we are a Great Lakes State! I used to have to sweep those damn mayflies up from the parking lot of the carhop that was my first job! Yuck!
Tara
Post a Comment